1 pound Bow Tie pasta or pasta of choice
4-5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2-pound spice Italian sausage ( or mild if you prefer less heat)
28 ounces crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup white wine
1 medium yellow onion
16 ounces fresh English peas or thawed frozen peas
1 -2 cups grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
salt and pepper to taste
- First, heat up your 10- or 12-inch Xtrema skillet for 3 minutes until fully heated
- Next, add the oil and sauté the onion for about 5-7 minutes until soft over a low/medium flame
- Time to add the sausage and brown for about 5-7 minutes
- With a wooden spoon or utensil break up the sausage into pieces
- Once sausage has a good brown on it, add the wine and reduce for about 3-5 minutes or until you no longer can smell the alcohol from the wine
- Toss in your tomatoes, peas, salt, pepper, and simmer for 12-15 minutes
- Pasta time! Cook the pasta according to instruction on box, make sure you don’t overcook the pasta. You want it to be very al dente and then add the cooked pasta to the sauce.
- Toss everything together 1-2 minutes while the heat is still on
- Turn the heat off and add the cheese and mix everything together allowing the left overheat from the pan melt the cheese through the pasta
- Serve directly in your Xtrema skillet for an easy, warm, and delicious meal!
- Top with more cheese if desired and enjoy!