- 1 zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 1 yellow squash, sliced lengthwise
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced in half-inch rounds
- 1 red peppers, sliced
- 1 portobello mushroom, sliced
- olive oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 stalks of fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) carton of ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (1/2 pound) package oven ready lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly oil 2 large baking sheets. Place the vegetables on the baking sheets in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in oven for about 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- To make the sauce, saute onions and the 2 tablespoons of olive oil in your Versa or Traditions saucepan until transparent. Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, and sugar and simmer sauce for about 20 - 30 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine the ricotta cheese, the egg, and 1/2 of the Parmesan cheese. In a 10in Versa Skillet , spread about 1 1/2 cups of the sauce. Place 3 pieces crosswise evenly over the sauce. The pieces should not overlap because they expand when baked. Spread 1/3 of the ricotta mixture evenly over the pasta. Spread 1/2 of the roasted vegetables over the cheese. Top with 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese.
- Top with 1 1/2 cups of the sauce. Repeat the layering of the noodles, ricotta mixture, vegetables, mozzarella cheese, and sauce. Top with another layer of noodles and the remaining ricotta mixture, sauce and ending with the mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle the remaining half of the Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes until hot and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with additional sauce.
The lasagna can be made ahead of time and baked and cooled. Cut into pieces and package for the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave on 70% power for 1 - 2 minutes.