- 1 cup pasta (we suggest ditalini)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- 3 carrots peeled and diced
- stalks of celery, diced
- 3 cups chicken broth (we recommend low-sodium options)
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can Great Northern beans, drained
In a large Xtrema saucepan, cook pasta according to package instructions, drain, then set aside.
Preheat a large Xtrema stockpot on low. When warmed up, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and ground beef, raise to medium heat, and cook until browned. Drain excess fat and set aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon of oil to the stockpot. Add in garlic, onion, celery, and carrots and cook until tender.
- Add in chicken broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, seasonings (basil, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper), ground beef, and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered about 15 minutes.
- Stir in pasta and beans until heated thoroughly.